Search This Blog

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Swamiye Saranamayyappa.....!!!

The following are the excerpts of my reply to a debate I had participated on the 'legitimacy of the government in providing affidavit for allowing entry for women in 'Sabarimala Temple'...

"I t is nice to see an arguement/ debate brewing up under the pretext of the issue of 'Ladies climbing Sabari mala', 'cause this issue had been doing rounds of debate for atleast last 5-6 years in various circles- intellectual, political, religious across the world, wherever Indians & Malayalis are there. Now, the latest forum might be ours and it is very natural & acceptable too....

I would like to mention that the tradition of 'Hinduism' ( again west brands it as pagan culture and we strongly believe & say (not practice) that it is not just a religion, but a way of life...) had been existing in this universe for thousands of years and we experience that unlike other so called 'isms we carry forward very strongly with just the values imbibed by the generations on & on....!! Remember, all these carried on not because of yester days' moral polices or 'cause of some fanatic outfits, who actually brought adverse publicity to our tradition. As we all have the right to express our views & feelings, I respect every individual's view on the topic and take it positive to the extent possible.....

We need to really understand the root of the problem and discuss, rather than reacting to a very recent intervention of the government. In democratic & secular India, who gave the authority to make temples the properties of the government or semi government bodies? Did the so called representatives of the government check the consent of the 'hindu public' or the devotees before creating a rule to form devaswom boards eyeing the huge treasure and the power to rule and dictate terms in the functioning of the Hindu temples? More over, who are these governments and how much they deserve to intervene in temple affairs or nominate their panel as the devaswom board employees as these governments have secured majority with the minority vote banks....? More over, let me understand whether any of these representatives of people have the political guts to create another board of administration for other religious pilgrim centres, even when there are public fights happening for the rights on the properties between groups in other religions....!!!! Kindly do not think that I'm deviating from the subject...!!! The relevance is that the governments will go to any extent to make Hindu pilgrim centres into a picnic spot and thus try to open up another avenue to mint money.....!!! As individuals and devotees, who live the Hindu way of life, it is our responsibility to keep our customs & traditions intact and gather moral right to fight the demoralisation attempt by any quarter....

So...before even starting the debate I request every one to analyse what are the values we are following and always keep up that analytical mind to keep a check on our activities....!! I don't go to temples every day...( as a matter of fact, I currently live in hyderabad ), and I do not go to every temple, just for the sake of going...!! I go to temple, when I have time & energy and patience. I do not take any special advantages, even though I may get because of my aquaintance with the priests & the committee. This is a self imposed rule and I follow it...so plz understand Lord Ayyappa has never asked anyone to come to sabarimala every year.....but it is the individual who need to take a call on whether he can follow the vratha or is it necessary to follow vratha...there's no comparison like I do it because the others are doing it and sleeping or not sleeping or more than that....?!!! If you believe that these vratha and all are barbaric and obsolete, then RESPECTED SIRS, who had compelled you to go to Sabarimala? Ok...still you want to dilute all these in the name of corporate etiquettes and so on...( Plz understand we human beings can get thousands of excuses to justify each of our activities ), go ahead and let your belief save you.....!!!

I would like to conclude like this....as an individual, I keep my values intact and follow it for satisfying my conscience....However, I don't expect it from others in this mad world....I'm quite happy about what I am and so far in my life God has supported me in every independant moment of my life and I beileve it will continue so, unless I don't change my path....!!! For all these information and guidance, we should start listening to our conscience.....!!! First touch your heart and start listening to the Ayyappa within....!!!

Let Lord Ayyappa forgive every one in this world and shower his blessings to all.....!!!

Swamiye Saranamayyappa....!!!"